Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!

So, another year has passed. Not much has changed. I'm in the same job, same town, same house, married to the same guy, with the same issues. Family of origin has had no deletions or additions, although my grandmother has a new pacemaker, which probably means that she'll now live forever. I'm sure my mother, who has given the past 35 years of her life to taking care of her, is thrilled about that prospect.

The most notable happening in the year was the death of Cali Cat in November. She was almost 19 years old, with 12 of those sharing a bunk with me. I don't want to cry again, so I won't say much other than that she will be very much missed.


As for 2013, I'm hoping that it will bring a great deal of change -- that my husband will become a grown-up again, that I will get my career on track, that climate change, will stop, that airline prices will go down enough for me to visit the people I love, that Americans will get their heads out of their asses. I'm not holding my breath though. As for me, if I can move somewhere beyond just trying to get through, I will feel an improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment