Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Dear European Union...

According to media reports, you're all very concerned about birthrates, replacement of retirees, and such. You fear that you'll soon lack the workers needed to keep your economies going. Well, I'd like to volunteer my services. I have at least 20 good years of working life ahead of me, and I believe I have a lot to offer.

I'm a fast learner, not afraid of hard work, and a professional at finding and disseminating information (and have master's and bachelor's, respectively, in both). I have a stronger knowledge of the vagaries of English grammar and syntax than a large portion of the American population. My particular specialty is turning research information into something folks can actually read. I adjust quickly to new situations and environments. After moving from West Virginia to Washington, D.C., I am undaunted by a life abroad. I speak a little of two of your languages and would jump at the chance to become fluent. I come with a spouse who is fluent in one and conversational in another. I admire and envy the societies you have developed and would love to be a part of them. I want to live somewhere where evolution is established fact, alternative energy is pursued and valued, and fossil fuels are avoided if at all possible.

In exchange, all I ask for is a work visa and a salary that will cover living expenses (including kibble for my canine family members) and such.

Sincerely,
Mtnlibrarienne



No comments:

Post a Comment