Saturday, February 23, 2013

Prodigal Son by Dean Koontz

Prodigal Son (Dean Koontz's Frankenstein, #1)Prodigal Son by Dean Koontz

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


�I probably haven't read a Dean Koontz novel since I was in high school. This book (which takes place in my current home of New Orleans) may not cure cancer, but I enjoyed it thoroughly anyway. Not the modern retelling that I imagined, Prodigal Son starts off a 4-book series about the mad scientist and his original creation, here calling himself Deucalion. The story is fast, with unexpected twists and turns. The characters all have some depth to them, and Victor Helios (nee Frankenstein) is your archetypical American villain--insanely rich, evil on the inside but suave on the outside (think Patrick Batemen grown up), with half the city in his pocket. I'm looking forward to the next one.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment